Position: Business Development Associate
Location: Flexible – US
About Our Client:
They are an exciting biotech startup that is fundamentally changing drug discovery & development processes in biopharma. They are a spinout from Vanderbilt University Medical Center and are the only company of its kind that leverages years of rich longitudinal clinical data and genomic information of hundreds of thousands of individuals to address pressing R&D questions for their clients in the biopharmaceutical and diagnostics industries. They leverage this massive databank, along with unique computational methods developed at VUMC, to offer a range of precision medicine services to biopharma. The company is revenue-generating with a business model focused in two areas:
- Leveraging the genomic-linked EMR database to provide R&D insights to biopharma, diagnostics and other life science customers through a consulting model
- Formation of biotech spinouts based on proprietary biological insights derived from the database
NashBio is currently seeking a Business Development Associate who will be based in San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Business Development Associates are key members of the sales team to assist in logistical and strategic support with potential customers and partners. Business Development Associates use their scientific knowledge to help manage proposals and coordinate various sales-oriented processes.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for researching and identifying leads, qualifying targets, communicating directly with customers and internal stakeholders, and providing market feedback, with an overarching goal of diversifying and expanding sales.
- Support & management of strong pipeline of new and existing business opportunities through direct and indirect customer contact.
- Preparing internal reports & analysis.
- Address customer requests for information and work with internal sales team to transfer opportunities leading to project proposals.
- Manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Attend trade shows and meetings.
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Other key relationships: Clinical Science and Data Science team and key scientific groups at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- More than five years of relevant business development work experience in the life sciences
- MBA or Advanced degree in life sciences; candidate must show a strong mix of scientific knowledge and sales expertise
- Experience commercializing technology from academia and comfort working with academic institutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Familiar with CRM systems, data collection/analysis and generation of reports
- Preferably knowledgeable and/or familiar with the fundamentals of life science
- Startup mindset – comfortable building an early-stage company with willingness to grow and adapt quickly as the company changes
- Collaborator – very comfortable leading and working within multi-disciplinary teams across multiple simultaneous projects
- Creativity – comfortable developing new business strategies and adapting to the needs of the client
- Grittiness – ok with being told no, have conversations with people you don’t know
Our client cares about their work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Potentially up to 50%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.